Intelligent Cyber Resilience
A RISK-BASED APPROACH FOR PRACTICAL, EFFECTIVE CYBERSECURITY
Why should my organization be concerned about cybercrime?
According to Verizon’s1 2015 Data Breach Investigations Report, 70% of cyber attacks involve a secondary victim and rely on decades-old techniques of phishing and hacking. Hackers are well funded and extremely sophisticated in their attempts to commit cybercrime. The narrative has changed from how do I keep criminals out to how do I bounce back quickly with minimal damage.
What is Intelligent Cyber Resilience (ICR)?
Watsec developed the ICR risk assessment approach as a practical way for our business clients to quickly understand and resolve cyber exposures, achieve compliance requirements, and maximize return on their cybersecurity investment. In short, it enables organizations to identify, prioritize, and manage cyber exposures to the level appropriate to their organization.
Why is it so effective?
ICR addresses both critical aspects of cyber exposure: the technological and the human.
- Technology – What are the major exposures to key business assets, and are they being addressed appropriately?
- Human – Are the right business processes in place to ensure employees are successful at protecting business assets?
How will ICR help my organization?
ICR is a practical approach to managing cyber exposure. It was developed to enable progressive organizations understand which of their assets are most at risk and how best to address that exposure. Understanding which cyber risk scenarios your organization is most vulnerable to and the potential impact to the company, is the best approach for deciding where and how to invest limited business resources.
- Pre-assessment interviews with business system asset owners;
- Technology assessment for both internal and external network exposures;
- Review of key security policies and processes;
- Detailed report of exposures, prioritized to ensure the most critical issues are addressed first;
- Post-assessment debriefing to ensure a full understanding of assessment findings.